5.19.2008

Sunny Summer Days...

I have to start out with what a great example I am to my girls, as you can see in the picture below. We were chatting with John's Mom on Thursday and Tyler decided she wanted the phone, which is not all that unusual. What cracked us up is that she put it up to her ear and then decided to walk down the lane while she was chatting to her. I'm not really going to take credit for that, she has a bunch of play phones and when she picks them up she always puts it up to her ear and say's "hi".

The sun came out on Friday and decided to stay for a few days and well everyone felt it, in all it's glory. We went from 50 degrees to 85 and it was a little startling but nice just to know that the Sun still knew how to shine here in WA.

Saturday morning John and I both got up and got a good 5 mile run in, and then he headed off to the Shooting...range(?) with the YM. I hear it was a great success. One of the leaders had to leave a lil early and no one wanted to go. That's a good sign right? John got home in time for lunch and then we headed off to the hardware/garden show to pick up some flowers and get a start on our Vegtable garden. I am determined that even if it is done in buckets.

Planting lil seeds of Love
I came home Saturday afternoon from cleaning the clinic to find John out back with the girls in their swimsuits and the swimming pool up. Too bad we didn't think about doing that earlier so that the water would have been a lil warmer than sub-zero. Didn't seem to deter the girls too much.

FYI-she didn't fall in-great balance
Sunday was a fabulous day! Well it started out a lil rocky with me and the kids, getting ready for church and Sacrament Meeting sometimes is... (refer to Pres. Ballard's talk in the May Ensign 2008). John's truck died a few times that morning but one of our great neighbors, Art the Fart (to which he referred to himself when we met him) works on cars and had a few batteries laying around and actually gave it to him. Art is actually one of the sweetest guys, and has been an answer to our prayers more than once. While John was down visiting Art McKenna helped me make rolls for dinner, she's becoming quite domesticated in her young age.
We started having Family Home Evening on Sundays do to John's work schedule and this week our lesson was on the importance of having and keeping a Garden of course. When I walked out of the house to document our attempt at FHE Tyler actually looked at me and said, "C-h-e-e-s-e," Could the camera be out a lil too much?
Bored of FHE...already?
Driving at 3, with a passenger

2 comments:

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

I notice that baking even requires the backpack ;)! Did I happen to miss the two days of Spring???

John-n-Mel said...

ah yes, the backpack is a very popular accessory at my house. Tyler wore the whole 3 hrs at church and as soon as she put it down it was relinquished by McKenna.