Doesn't this say it all? Donut and Ice Cream
I just downloaded my picts for the last few weeks and realized I've been neglectful of my journaling duties with the family. I found a great buy on Craig's List-a red wagon to pull my girls around in. The double stroller is a bit heavy and thought this would be fun for them. I got it while Tyler was sick, and came to found out she was a bit unsure and scared of it at first. She's finally warmed up to it and funny enough the girls love to go flying down hills in it.McKenna is becoming quite the Mommy's helper, pulling the wagon, dusting and vacuuming (which in and of itself is a major deal because she used to be scared to death of it and HATED anything that made a loud engine noise-for a year or 2 I've had suspicions of sensory issues-especially auditory, but she's slowly been outgrowing it).
In our attempt to continue potty training (Really how long is this process supposed to take) we started the chart again with a promise of new shoes when she's gone a week without an accident, well the first was a weekend and then she went a whole week. She's been coveting Target's Pink Sparkly shoes, but funny enough Tyler showed her a really cute pair of sandals, which was what I wanted her to get and she suddenly changed her mind. (Yeah Tyler is only 15 months and was picking out shoes too.) Still wanting the "pink shoes" McKenna found motivation to go a whole week to earn her yet another pair of shoes. Not sure how I"m going to get out of this shoe thing it's starting to get expensive, but I'm getting a little desperate.Girls love to be outside! This is really how they feel about each other.
Tyler in McKenna's cowboy boots-
she's developed an opinion on her clothes already.
7 comments:
awww. . . cute pictures of Mckenna and TYler. I see her next to mckenna sometimes and it takes me a second to think "oh wait that is tyler" She's so big! She's adorable! I wish I could help with your lunch/dinner ideas. I'm in the same boat. Nicholas enjoys just eating Mac & cheese. Every once in a while he surprises me by eating what I make for dinner. I usually try to feed hime what we're having but always have mac & cheese ready in case he wont try. I always feel so bad though because mac& cheese is all he'll eat. .. He surprises me every once in a while. Thanks for your comments. . . Always nice to hear from you
I'm not the one to ask about making meals...as just the other day Grant said he was hungry and I looked at the clock and it was past dinner time! Fun pics!
I don't know how you'll get out of the shoe thing. It runs in the family. We all several shoes at a time when we got older. The pictures are great. Glad to see how happy they are with you as a great mom.
Adorable pics! Thanks for sharing! It's great to be able to see your life from clear over here in Utah! As for lunch, I recently decided to feed my kids the same thing each day of the week so that I wouldn't feed them the same things over and over and also to try to avoid them becoming picky. Here is a list....corn dogs, mac n cheese, sandwiches, quesadillas, top ramen noodles, hot dogs, spaghettios, pizza rolls, taquitos, etc. I love my lunch list because then I don't have to think about what to give them and what they haven't already had this week. I always try to accompany these meals with fruit and good stuff since most of it isnt really good, but they're kids and they can handle it, right?
You are so funny ... and hard on yourself. All kids want are snacks and the fun lunches (mac and cheese, yogurt... yadda yadda yadda). You are not alone and I must say I feed my kids just about the same as you do. They look cute in the pictures. I sure do love you!!!!
T.
I guess I am in the same boat as you as far as my kids meals go. My boys don't even really have meals. They eat like 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 more dinners.... they eat ALL DAY LONG. I thought babies were expensive, but the older my kids get the more my grocery bill is TOTALLY out of control. I try to just keep a lot of healthy snacks around. My kids eat lots of fruit, yogurt, string cheese, apple sauce, granola bars, and peanut butter sandwiches. I am so sick of making PB sandwiches that I am teaching Zach to make his own. I have a drawer in the fridge that is just for them and another drawer for their dry snacks. I don't know if that helps... Motherhood is a constant challenge, isn't it?
I loved this post! Gigi also loves shoes. As far as the food thing goes for some reason Gigi HATES mac and cheese. I have tried twice and she won't even touch the stuff. I have found that Gigi will usually eat anything if I put enough ranch dressing on it :) I usually end up just giving her left overs from the night before and hope that she will eat it. I was the queen of picky eaters and would only eat mint ice cream and cereal and now love a variety of things. I'm sure that McKenna will grow out of this, but for now I just think...isn't this why we have vitamins?
Post a Comment