3.26.2008
Winter Wonderland
I was thinking I should pry do an update as most journals do require them but unsure of what I'd chat about. Until around 5 pm when we looked out the rainy windows and noticed the rain was seemingly thick, sleet if you will. McKenna got all excited and started to ask for her snow boots, afraid it was a lil premature we waited about 10 minutes and found that the sleet had indeed turned to snow. They continued to get larger and has snowed the remainder of the evening leaving about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. Being the end of March this is not only unusual, but extraordinary for Washington. Being Parent-Teacher conferences and spring break there is no school for the rest of this week, otherwise I'm sure everything would be shutting down in the morning. Back to the topic...McKenna was in heaven and even Tyler and I got out to play in the snow. We stayed until Tyler's hands were red and we were both soaked and then we came in to fix dinner. McKenna stayed an extra half hour which to her equaled "5 more minutes" and then soaking finally strayed into the house. I think she was disappointed we didn't get the snowman made but if it stays through the night it will be something her and John can get out and do in the morning. This morning the sun was actually shining and both girls wanted to go out "side" and so at 8:30 in the morning we were out playing with bubbles and taking the doll out for a walk. McKenna wandered down to the neighbors and when I found her she was talking to them (they were nice enough to come out even in their bathrobes...tee hee!).
Fun things that we've done the past few days and that stick out in my mind. Tyler has figured out what a kiss is so she'll come up and lean in for a kiss, laugh and then come back for more. This game can go on for about 3 minutes and she'll go back and forth between McKenna and I both girls laughing as they play. Tyler actually pulled her bink out to give me kisses when I put her down for bed, my heart melted...I sure do love that girl!
I've been trying to make the most out of the time with McKenna in the mornings when Tyler goes down for her morning nap. We do ALOT of dancing and imitating animals and today we even went on a "Bear hunt." Yesterday we made purple play-doh (which I think I like better than the store bought), and we got out our monster bubbles and did that in the yard. Can't wait for the warmer weather and trips to the park...even better for our own playground in our own backyard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow snow . .. crazy. HOw cute about tyler kissing. Nicholas i'll say "pico" that is a spanish slang word for kiss. and he kinda opens his mouth and gives wet kisses. He likes to turn his cheek so we kiss him instead. It's cute! Fun stuff!
Such sweet girls & you are such a sweet mother! They are so blessed to have you!
Post a Comment