In preparation for Easter and doing some hard boiled eggs for the annual egg coloring I decided to look up exactly how long you are supposed to boil your eggs. I found this site: How to Boil Eggs- from What's Cooking America, a great and very resourceful site.
This is more of a PS-it is 3/27/08 and we just Barely got to our Easter Egg dying...John wanted to be there...and well McKenna doesn't care when we do these kind of fun things. Actually she didn't care too much about it all together, she really wanted to do all the eggs blue. I think the fun really started for her when we finished and the eggs were dry because she loved hiding them and finding them, carrying them around in her basket (without any grass) and my personal favorite-in her backpack. Needless to say a few of them got mashed a little but regardless I'm sure they will make wonderful Egg Salad Sandwiches.

3 comments:
Awesome! Who knew you didn't just boil them for a few minutes and eat them with hard white insides? Great input!
I needed that "How to Boil Eggs" last week. I discovered that eggs can become bombs when cooked too long. I was cooking an egg, forgot about it, and an hour later heard a boom. My kitchen was covered with egg pieces from the ceiling to the floor. It was a fun cleaning activity for the next hour.
Very interesting! Apparently, I've been boiling eggs wrong all these years.
Post a Comment