2.11.2008

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Before we get to the birthday celebrations...I just want to report, very excitedly that Tyler waved "bye-bye" for the 1st time this morning. As the bus was leaving, carrying a screaming McKenna Tyler's lil hand began waving. I guess her declaration to the beginning of her 2nd year of life.

I was chatting with my Mom and I'm sure this discovery has been made by many, but the 1st Bithday celebration is not for the baby, but for the parents. A celebration that she survived her 1st year of life and if you can survive all that happens, especially in the 1st 3 months well the rest should be easy, or at least bearable right? Sure.... Anyway I don't believe Tyler had a clue what was going on, but I think she liked it nonetheless.

Saturday she received a card from Grandma & Granpa Payne and as she opened it, it began playing Sleeping Beauty's music. Her legs started kicking the ground excitedly and then she proceeded to spin herself around in circles.
I think she liked it.
Breakfast with Dad
Birthday Kisses from McKenna

Sunday morning she found lots of balloons and had a great time in the ball pit with McKenna, are you seeing a theme here? We had Stake Conference in the morning, but as soon as we got home and naps were taken the festivities began. In true baby birthday party fashion with Pizza, fruit & choc fondue and cake.
Pizza!
During the song she looked around and smiled politely, a lil confused and then McKenna was nice enough to blow out the candle for her. Funny enough she didn't eat the cake, had no interest in it actually. She played with it, mashed it, and then smelled the plate to make sure she's gotten it all.

Round 2, found Jack's leftovers after the party. :) The presents I think were equally confusing. She loved the wrapping paper so much she got a little distracted. The kids were going crazy waiting so they were nice enough to help her open them up and assemble and play with the train and the lil car dashboard she got. She picked these paer cups out herself at the party store.It's still the little things in life that can make you happy! Paper cups and new best friends!

2 comments:

Jelina said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. You are right, one year old birthdays are more for mom and dad than they are for the kid! Great job, Mel. You made it through another year.

suzan said...

Wow! 1 year old. How sweet! Happy Birthday Tyler!!! (I love her name by the way)

:)