5.10.2010

A day to play

My mother told me she used to try set one day a week aside and play with the kids. No laundry, no housework, no shopping, just play. Sometimes this is easier said than done-but with the memory of Mother's Day still fresh today was that Day to play. I even let McKenna play hookie from school since she slept in late.

We did clean up our toys and rotate the ones we didn't play with and bring out new toys. We played with Moon Sand-which inevitably always ends up on the floor. We played toys, did crafts-we read books, homework and we even watched a movie after naps. It was a great day! Thanks McKenna, Tyler and Tate for Playing with me.
Craft-Egg Carton Flowers and Spiders.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

What a sweet day. I definitely put all my "duties" aside and play with my little stinkers more. Thanks for your great example. I am inspired!