Home Improvement continues as we just about have all the light fixtures bought and installed. There are a few I'm having a hard time finding but that's to be expected. John has been very patient through the process and has been putting up moulding when he can. It's looking great and I hope to have pictures soon. I am however still living out of boxes and pry will be for the next month or so. I can't complain as progress is being made, however this afternoon as I went down to what is known as my "scary basement" to find some food provisions I found something rather unsightly. I have mostly canned goods down there as I knew there was a mouse or 2 living down there and didn't really want to feed them. You know where this is going... I had hoped that through all the construction and such that the mouse/mice had fled for safety from the noise but today I found evidence of it's existence of it snooping around my food. I'm thinking this mouse must be a female because she found McKenna's Carnation instant breakfast and opened a few packets and helped herself. It's always the chocolate... Makes me mad and a little embarrassed to even be telling about it, but hopefully now that I know it's weekness I'll be able to "catch" per say this lil thief.

On a brighter note the sun has been shining the last few days and since McKenna doesn't have school on Wednesdays we took a trip to the Edgemont Park in Edgewood for a lil picnic yesterday. We were at this same park about 2 years ago (Same time of year) with John's sister Audrey and her family and I realized how much McKenna has grown up. I was pregnant then too... Ivan, John's nephew sent us a paper doll he drew named Stanley to take on a few adventures so he too went to the park.





Being adventurous going down backwards?
He also helped us make cupcakes this evening.

He didn't do a very good job at keeping Tyler out of the batter when I wasn't looking.


On a brighter note the sun has been shining the last few days and since McKenna doesn't have school on Wednesdays we took a trip to the Edgemont Park in Edgewood for a lil picnic yesterday. We were at this same park about 2 years ago (Same time of year) with John's sister Audrey and her family and I realized how much McKenna has grown up. I was pregnant then too... Ivan, John's nephew sent us a paper doll he drew named Stanley to take on a few adventures so he too went to the park.
Being adventurous going down backwards?
He also helped us make cupcakes this evening.
He didn't do a very good job at keeping Tyler out of the batter when I wasn't looking.
She did a great fake, "Oh no" but was all too proud
2 comments:
Mel, don't be embarrassed about the mouse, we have one too and haven't caught it yet! It drives me nuts!
Last week I saw a mouse in our student lounge, so I found a janitor and told him about it. He didn't look surprised at all and said, "That little guy gets around, doesn't he?" And then he went back to work! Since they are so casual about animals in the building, I've thought about releasing a snake. Maybe that's the solution to your mouse problem, too :)
P.S. Hermana Chapo's husband was called as our new bishop today.
Post a Comment