For as long as I can remember I have loved Halloween...in it's simplest and most traditional of ways. I love the pumpkins-the picking and most of all the carving. I love the costumes and the trick-or-treating...or in more modern term, "Trunk-o-Treat".
This year I lived vicariously through Tyler and McKenna dressing them up as princesses. McKenna was thrilled by the idea but I know Tyler didn't care. I was very pleased with the outcome and thought they were every bit as cute as I'd hoped. (Said like a true Mom don't you think?) What's funny about McKenna is she was dressed by 8:30 this morning and acted the role of a true princess: Soft-spoken, kind, and even potty trained. (Didn't have an accident all day.) There were a couple of non-princess like behavior but who wants to remember those? Tyler on the other hand put her costume on for about 10 minutes this morning and then didn't want anything to do with it until I shoved it on her right before the festivities began at the church. I think it grew on her as she didn't want to get out of it at the end of the night.
Trick or Trunk w/cookies for those who didn't get candy.
...and even some who did
2 comments:
You have such a beautiful family! I love that you are a pumpkin! I can't wait to meet your little guy! Have I told you today that I love you?
They are adorable! McKenna looks like she was just trying to be noble looking as she posed for the picture-at least until she started stuffing her face with cake-oh the joy of halloween, sweets, sweets and more sweets! You on the other hand must not be eating any sweets because you look fabulous not only in general but especially for a nine month pregnant woman! Darn you, you put us all to shame!!!! ; )
Post a Comment