1st Grade is finally here-I think the last couple of weeks have been a little painful for McKenna who couldn't start school soon enough. The new school, the teachers, the kids..."It's soooo hard to Wait" is what she would tell me every night as we tucked her in for bed when I would tell her the next day wasn't school yet. When I answered in the affirmative last night-there were squeals of delight.
Sadly with a dead phone I missed the morning photo, but was able to get her coming off the bus. She is commuting 45 minutes each morning and afternoon-longer than John drives to work. Fingers crossed that the new school is completed by next year this time.
She didn't have much to report for the 1st day. She came home happy but reported that she did have a hard time finding her classroom, but Mrs Thomson helped her and all was ok. I think she also said she sat by Marella on the bus, I think on the way home. I don't think she's shy of friends-which I remember being scared of this time last year. Oh how I'm thankful that time heals most wounds.




No comments:
Post a Comment