2.21.2011

Just thinking...

I've been trying to come up with a plan to really ENTICE and Strongly Encourage Tyler to get rid of her binki. I hate the crying at the thought of even going to bed without it and I really want it to be her decision to let it go. She only uses to fall asleep at night and at times has fallen asleep when she's really tired during the day without it. It's all in her head...right?

So last night I devised a plan and sat down with her and told her that if she gave up the binki for 3 nights in a row-I'd give her....Tangle's Rapunzel & Flynn Rider in their Wedding Clothes. She really wanted it for her birthday and is the only thing I can think of that would tempt her. She got a big grin on her face and coyly responded, "I'll have to really think about it."

This morning she got up all giddy and handed me her binki and said, "it's broken Mom, let's throw it away and get my Tangled dolls." After looking on line and calling stores, I learned I promised an item that is hard to find, thus making it expensive...but not as expensive as dental bills? Note to self-research before promising the impossible.

As bedtime approached the girl was still giddy and excited until it finally came down to the actually falling asleep, well she began to sing another song. She decided to hold the binki...and maybe just put it in her mouth "for just a minute".

We're going to keep trying but I think the doll might have to be in our house?

No comments: