Holidays in the world are becoming extravagant-and I'm not complaining, it's easy to get caught up in with all the fun and Hype. It's really just not helping my desire to simplify-life.
I love Valentine's Day for the exchange of Valentine's-homemade or bought to me its really the thought that counts. I love the tradition of kids exchanging them at school and I remember going through and trying to give just the right Valentine to each person. Not wanting to send the wrong message to the boys so making sure they weren't too lovey-and wanting the girls to be impressed by the Valentine they received. I chuckle at my -overthinking things through and realize I haven't changed much over the years.
I'm glad that this hasn't passed onto my children...yet. They loved making and addressing Valentine's to their friends, although McKenna didn't like the quantity of names she had to address...although she didn't complain much with the amount of "loot" she brought home. She doesn't even really like candy-only chocolate and so she gave some to Tyler and traded the rest of it to me for M&M's. Suckers make great bribery for Tate.
Tate & Tyler went to a little Valentine's Party where we sang songs, played toys and made Valentine Flowers and exchanged Valentine's
Dinner was a favorite Valentine's Tradition-Pink Heart Pancakes...
It's been a Very Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
H to you too! :)
I'm so sassy.
Post a Comment