8.18.2010

Daddy's Day Out

John Surprised the family by announcing he'd taken Tuesday off work...and he wanted to take the kids out, without me. I wasn't sure I'd heard right, it's something I've only dreamed of coming out of his mouth for the last 3 years.

Come Tuesday morning I'm not sure who was more excited, the kids or I? We made lunches, got them dressed and then Daddy and kids happily piled into the van and went....

Blueberry picking
At one point Tate pulled the branch to his mouth and started eating berries right off it.

They also went to Les Gove Park in Auburn for lunch and to play in the water.
The kids had a great day with Dad!

And what did Mom do? Spa? Shopping? Nothing? Nope I took a shower and worked on the computer and cleaned without child interruption. It was nothing short of a little piece of heaven.

No comments: