10.05.2009

Conference Weekend-Sunday's Edition

I love the cool, crisp fall weather and it is definitely here. It's cool in the evenings and getting down in the 30's at night but I love it when the sun's out and it's warm with a cool breeze. Not to mention the fall colors on the trees. I think I post about it every year but I really do love the changing of the leaves. When I was little my family would often pile into our big maroon station wagon with the wood paneling and drive through a canyon with the windows open. One of my favorite family excursions!

We didn't get in the car, Tate is currently not a fan of driving or rather sitting in his car seat. He pry wouldn't mind driving if I let him wander freely, or maybe even turned him so he was facing frontward. We did however take a walk Sunday afternoon taking advantage of the rural life that lives up the hill. With Tate strapped on John's chest and Tyler in the jogger and McKenna (our big girl) on foot we went in search of the Kangaroo. Yes you read right, one day on my run I ran past a house and in the yard I saw what looked like a statue of a Kangaroo. It was small and quite random and I thought how funny it would be if it was real. As the thought left my head the statue took a hop and turned and hopped out of site. I was floored and wished I had a camera knowing John wouldn't believe me. He has since stalked the house in hopes of seeing it on his drive home and one day finally saw it, and then took McKenna up to see it on one of their dates.

Unfortunately the Kangaroo was not out, but the sun was, the cows were out, we stopped and fed a horse some grass and pet him and enjoyed the cool fall breeze. Needless to say everyone slept quite well after we got home and had some lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that he's stalked the house...I would too!

Leslie