Tyler at 2-1/2 years old has begun Potty Training. She actually started herself quite some time ago (which is how I think it's supposed to go.) She's been watching McKenna go and she's even done her #1's in the potty, often letting us know when she needed to go. She has a potty book she love's to read called, "Zoe's Potty." She's pretty much has it memorized. She also picked out some Elmo underwear about a month ago which we put on the shelf in the bathroom for her to see. In the past couple of days she's gone longer periods of time and even a 24 hours without an accident (not counting nights) and so when she asked to put them on I said, "yes".
Who wouldn't want to take a stroll in their new Undies
She was so cute and very proud of herself and I think she really liked the way she looked in them. :) Definitely a girl- Sadly it was a short-lived venture as #2 is a hard one to convince her to do in the potty. She's gone to great effort to spend some alone time in "the playroom" to do her #2's in her pull-up. She then comes and proudly tells me she's gone and let's me change her, she just hasn't become comfortable with doing it in the potty.
McKenna on the other hand has come into her own with the whole using the bathroom. Occassionally she'll want to do it alone, but most of the time she wants company while she sits on the toilet. I'm not complaining too much as I don't have to keep asking her if she needs to go. although it's not uncommon for her to come running through the house as fast as her legs will go to get herself on the "Pot".
Good Job Girls!
1 comment:
Love the stories. I can so relate! I have finally decided that for us at least it was an age thing. We struggled with Gigi forever and then forgot about it. 6 months after that she got it down in a month. Good luck!! I'm already dreading potty training Madeline :(
Post a Comment