7.30.2009

H-O-T

We're setting records in the weather, records that once again I didn't want to be present for. Yesterday it reached 108 degrees here in Edgewood-Washington. My favorite comment on the weather was "It's hotter in Seattle today than it is in Cairo Egypt." Today it was a balmy 103 and tomorrow we're hoping for only 97. I'm pretty sure I NEVER want to move to Arizona and I'm a pansy when it comes to the weather.

For journaling purposes here was the week:
SUNDAY the 26th: 89 degrees
MONDAY the 27th: 94 degrees
TUESDAY the 28th: 96 degrees
Wednesday the 29th: A new record of 103 degrees (the runner up was in 1994 98 degrees)THURSDAY the 30th: 95 degrees
FRIDAY the 31st: 85 degrees
SATURDAY the 1st: 87 degrees
SUNDAY the 2nd: 91 degrees

The good news is that we didn't lose power, we do have air conditioning and fun wet toys (Swim pool and Slip'n slide).


The sad news is the Payne & Chapman's all left us today, much to their relief. They thought they were coming here to escape their own hot weather.

As we were all saying good-bye Trevor, Audrey's 6-yr old informed us he didn't have any fun because McKenna or Tyler (I missed the name) wasn't very nice to him. Sorry Trevor, we are definitely still working on sharing and trying not to tease others. Definitely not a strong point for us yet...although I do remember seeing a few smiles on your face while you were so I don't think the trip was a complete wash.



McKenna, with her backpack on asked her Grandparents if she could go with them and a while later when we were dropping them off at the airport Tyler began crying calling out, "Grandma I want to go with you." My thoughts were, "what happened to wanting them to stay here with us?"

We had a great time with our family (This word clicked this weekend in McKenna and Tyler's minds and they and are very excited about this new term and what it means. Grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, brothers, sisters) and we ALL look forward to seeing them again.

No comments: