3.12.2009

30 meals in 2 days

I have an ambitious friend (we will call her Leslie) who lets me tag along on her big ideas and feel like I'm a productive & organized type of Mom. A few months ago she found a book called "30 Meals in One Day:Dinner is Ready". Sounds ambitious doesn't it? Let me tell you it is, but with Leslie's organization skills and drive, and my support :) we made it happen.

We spent Monday night shopping and the last couple of days putting the meals together. It was more like 40 meals in 2 days, pry about 25 different recipes. She has a lil boy about 6 months younger than Tyler so we decided to get a babysitter to help watch the kids while we combined our efforts to make this happen. I have to admit between poopy diapers, nursing and screaming (all from my kids) Leslie did most of the work, but I was happy to provide the work space in my fabulous (almost completed) kitchen. This is what it was designed to do, provide the space needed to make lots & lots of food.

I have pictures but currently having a lil computer problem and unable to download them. Yes Leslie I did have a lot of fun and look forward to doing it with the kids at a different location. :)

Anyone interested I would definitely go get this book, it has an awesome computer program with it where you pick the recipes, which falli n the categories: Stove Top, Slow Cook, Oven & Assemble. It has recipe cards, freezer labels and shopping lists ready to print. It even takes the different recipes and combines them with the total amounts for the shopping lists, categorized.

The recipes I used:
Sweet and Sour Chicken - Stovetop Meal
Ham and Potatoes Scallop - Assembly Meal
Chicken and Broccoli - Assembly Meal
Chicken and Biscuits - Assembly Meal
Beef and Broccoli - Assembly Meal
Beef Stroganoff - Crockpot Meal
Chicken Tortilla Soup - Stovetop Meal
Honey Lime Chicken - Stovetop Meal
Navajo Tacos - Assembly Meal
Baked Chicken in Gravy - Oven Meal
Bacon Meatloaf - Assembly Meal
Peachy Chicken - Stove Top
Tortilla Chicken - Assembly Meal
Salisbury Steak - Assembly Meal
Creamed Corn & Beef - Assembly
Almost Ravioli - Assembly Meal

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

WOW! That's impressive!

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

Victor loved the cream cheese chicken ;)...