2.02.2009

Tate-2 Months Old


Tate had his 2 month appointment this morning, complete with weight, measurements and of course the dreaded immunizations. Here's the results:

Tate weighed in at 12.2 lbs (50%), measured 24.5 inches long (90%) with a head circumference of 14.5 inches (I think). He was a trooper for his immunizations-I thought he was getting 5 shots, but they now combine a few of them and so he only had to get 3. It was still hard for us (pry more for him) but he was a trooper and handled them like a champ.

Tate is a good natured baby and will fuss only on occassion, he only cries if his fussing was neglected for too long or if he's really hungry and even then it's a very quick cry out. Since it's been a few hours since the shots his legs are a lil sore and tender and I feel it's going to be a long night-everytime he moves he just screams. It's so sad, his face gets all red and goes round so he looks like a lil tomato with a face. Thank goodness for baby Tylenol!! Call me crazy but I'm always afraid that something like pain will affect the nature of a child-but there is pain in life so I guess this is where he learns to start dealing with it...

3 comments:

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

I've been meaning to comment on a few posts.

1st this one. I read another blog about immunizations and blah, blah, blah about how they're bad. The lady was discussing how she received some info from her chiropractor...so, I was wondering what yours and John's opinions are about vaccinations. Me, personally, just follow exactly what doctor's say. If they say jump I ask how high :)....

The 3 Nomads said...

He sounds like a delight. Shots are no fun. I hope he's feeling a bit better. I would love to see more pics of him :)

toni said...

I think P weighed in exactly the same. Sorry about the shots. That's always hard for me to watch. (dad gets to hold him down). Lets hear it for Tylenol!