It seems like last year I was constantly writing about my kids being sick...this must be my year. Yesterday morning John and I woke with queasy stomachs. The night before we'd had a can of clam chowder soup. When I was opening it, I had noticed that it was expired...not by much and it wasn't bulging and it smelled fine so I cooked it well and we ate it. It wasn't that great but it was dinner. I know I know, not my best move as a mother-it would serve me right to get sick. McKenna of course didn't eat any and Tyler barely touches her dinner these days and at one point I noticed her drinking and then spitting it back in the bowl so who knows if she really ate some or not.
Later that afternoon things were not getting better, but worse...much much worse. I'm also aware of the stomach flu making the rounds and by 5 pm I realized it wasn't food poisoning, but pry the stomach flu as I was achy and FREEZING! Tyler was also complaining by that time and hadn't eaten only her hot chocolate that morning. I HATE THE STOMACH FLU! Who doesn't? Nothing worse than throwing up-I did get lucky in one aspect. Tyler didn't throw up once. Smart girl to starve herself all day-I was too nervous with nursing to not eat. John wasn't a hundred percent but he was a trooper and even stayed home today to take care of us all. Anyway Tyler ended up staying in bed with us last night, John hung in there for a while but somewhere around 4 he gave up and found his way to the Futon in the playroom.
I quickly remembered why we don't let kids in bed with us at night-so much tossing and turning, kicking and lack of personal space. Then there's the worry that the kid is going to fall out of the bed and then the repercussions of then night after. As we were leaving the kids room Tyler actually told me she was going to throw up. She's been back to her normal comical self all afternoon so it was a no go. Then there was the crying and screaming for us to come get her to take her into our room which lasted 45 min.
Definitely glad we're all feeling better-got my fingers crossed that somehow McKenna and Tate were spared the experience.
1 comment:
I tell you one thing....I am sick of being sick....hearing about others being sick....sick of the COLD....bring on Spring and flowers and sunshine and healthy peeps!
Post a Comment