Determined to get one more camping trip in this year I recruited The McClellan family to join us in a jaunt out to Belfair Washington for a last minute car camping trip. Well it was more of an over-nighter but it worked for me. You can do anything for 24 hours...and even more for only 18 hours. It was a lot of work but the kids sure did love it.
Belfair is only about an hour away-and on the Puget Sound. Jorelle and I packed up the kids and went up to set up camp. There was a lil beach the kids loved to play at collecting shells (all of which I forgot to take pictures of. John couldn't get off work until 6 so Andrew was nice enough to hang back with their daughter Ava and got there around 8 pm :(
Jorelle made gourmet Tin Foil Dinners-the kids enjoyed or rather didn't enjoy their hot dogs, but made up for it with Cheetos, Doritos and Marshmallows.
The Blackberry Cobbler was well worth the wait. Love being able to just walk around the camp and pick the local blackberries.
and after the pajamas are on more marshmallows...roasted this time
One of these days I'm going to get a picture of the aftermath of camping...it looks like a tornado hit the inside of your house...or your car just threw all your stuff up in the front room.
1 comment:
What a fun outing! I love everything about camping, but the sleeping part :) I love toasted marshmallow. yum!!!
Post a Comment