You know the movie The Incredibles and the Mom and Dad have a fight over Kindergarten graduation-yeah John and I had the same conversation. :) In the end he was thrilled to go for the 20 minute ceremony. It wasn't very fancy, no cap and gown, but the kids were so excited. McKenna was last to be called in and she came in running with her hands in the air. It was fantastic and very fun!
Congratulations McKenna and Thanks to such a wonderful teacher "Robison" and paras, Mrs Tudie, Mrs Cortnie, and Mrs Sandy.
Wednesday I did have an IEP meeting with her teacher, her current and future speech therapist, her PT and her learning specialist to go over how she has done on her goals over the last 2 years and to set new goals for next year. We all agreed McKenna has come a very long way both socially and academically. Her teachers say she is hilarious-and so good at including all the kids. It was noted she has learned the art of manipulation (my wording not theirs) using tactics of "I'm scared" or "I can't" going through all her teachers trying to find someone to do her work, or to put her shoes or jacket on for her. Man has that girl got my number, I fall for it all too often.
2 comments:
What a big girl! What a great accomplishment! She is so cute- they learn to manipulate early, don't they? I miss you like crazy... are you coming to Utah any time soon? Call me when you are here.
~Erin
Congrats McKenna!
Post a Comment