7.23.2008

Thud!

I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier but Tyler has been taking her naps in McKenna's toddler bed and in the past few weeks as we go into their room at bedtime Tyler books it for McKenna's bed hoping to sleep in it. Well a few nights ago McKenna decided she wanted to sleep in the crib-actually she always wants to sleep in the crib so I decided to let them switch. I was a little nervous about Tyler because some nights she is all over the place but they both went down pretty happy and all was well. This continued for a couple of night until last night about an hour after we put them down I hear a big Thud. John was working on the house but as soon as the screaming started my heart jumped and I knew what had happened...

I ran up the stairs to find Tyler standing in the middle of the room screaming hysterically. McKenna was just starting to sit up and then she too started to cry with an occassionally "owie" as she put her hand on her head. Trying to calm Tyler I held her and frantically looked for her blanket. The toddler bed is in a dark corner and with both girls screaming... Eventually they both calmed down and I asked McKenna if she wanted to sleep in the "her" bed to which she consented and then began helping me switch the blankets to the proper bed.

After calling for "help" John came in to help, poor Tyler sat in her bed sniffling as we all said our "goodnights" for the 2nd time.

No comments: