This last week school ended for little Miss McKenna, although she still wakes up each morning asking "bus?" wondering if it's coming to pick her up. She had her little preschool summer "farewell" party at the park where they played on the playground and then had a grueling game of baseball. I was actually very impressed as she hit the ball. She needed a lil direction when it came to the running...she ran just didn't know which direction, she was heading straight for 2nd. Can't say that I blame her it was the least path of resistence.


Tyler on the other hand had a party of her own on McKenna's last day of school a few days earlier.
Father's day was pretty low key. The shopping was a lil entertaining, if you can picture it: there I am in the mall with the kids in a double-stroller eating goldfish and as we pull into the "Buckle" the stroller decides to squeak each time I make a turn. Such a Mom moment for me-I'm sure the employees were thrilled at the market they were pulling in. :) The salesman actually made the comment about not getting "too trendy" of clothes for John. All I could was laugh because he was right, I couldn't see John sporting a t-shirt with a wild Skeleton on a motorcycle or something similar on it. I think his favorite gift was the one Mother Nature gave him, one of the 2 moles caught in a trap. (my apologies to the animal sympathists).
McKenna was the 1st to wake at naptime, the WHOLE house was asleep in one room or another, so John using his "daddy-brain" concocted the following for her. She couldn't have been more thrilled than a movie outside!Last and certainly not least there are many many benefits to having Ashley live with us and this last weekend we were blessed with her cooking talents. Saturday she surprised me by announcing she would make dinner. I was very impressed with her Homemade pizza, crust and all.
1 comment:
Yea, I would have liked to have had some moles on Fathers' Day, too?
Congrats on the new baby. You're doing such a good job with the first two you need another.
McKenna's tent in the backyard somehow reminded me of our old tree house. Why were we playing near power lines?!!
Post a Comment